Mixed Beet Pear Salad with earthy flavours of Juniper Water - A match made in heaven
Mixed Beet Pear Salad
If you could encapsulate a sunset into a salad this would be it! The mixed beets provide an array of flavour and colour, perfectly complemented by the pairing of fruits and crunch of walnuts. This health promoting salad is one you won’t forget.
- 150g candied beetroot
- 150g red beetroot
- 150g golden beetroot
- 1 blood orange
- 20g fennel bulb (grated)
- 2 pears
- 1 tbsp cashew nut 'cheese'
- A handful of chopped mint leaves
- A handful of crushed walnuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt & pepper
1. Cook the beetroots in a pan of boiled water until soft. Alternatively, if you prefer you can wrap each beetroot in baking parchment and place into the oven at 180 degrees for approximately 1 hour 45 minutes (until soft).
2. Once the beetroots are cooked, allow them to cool and then peel the skin.
3. Next, peel the oranges and pears. Slice into thin pieces along with the beetroots.
4. Mix the dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
5. Place the pear slices and fennel shavings evenly onto each plate. Then layer the various beetroots and oranges decoratively, placing a thin layer of cashew nut cheese or a pea-sized dollop between each beetroot.
6. Top with the mint leaves, walnuts and the dressing. Serve and enjoy.
This recipe matches perfectly with the refreshing and fruity flavour of our No1 Juniper Water.Back