SOPHISTICATED AND REFRESHING NO1 BOTANICALS BASIL WATER MEETS BOLOGNESE WITH A DIFFERENCERecipes |
A twist on the traditional spaghetti Bolognese, this recipe is a perfect pairing for our flavoursome Basil water.
Nutritionist, Lauren Windas says ‘Trading wheat products for other plant-based alternatives is a sure-fire way to nourish, keep you satiated and keep your weight at bay.'
Make sure you have a spiraliser to hand, do not underestimate the importance of creating great texture to your dish, your taste-buds will thank you later.
- 1 large white onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (grated)
- 250g mushrooms (sliced)
- 400g lean mince meat
- 200ml beef stock
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning or oregano
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 5 large courgettes
- 1 handful chopped basil leaves
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat up 1 tbsp of oil in the pan. Once hot, add the grated garlic, onion and mushrooms and fry on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the mince and fry for a further 10 minutes, stirring every now and then.
3. Stir in the beef stock, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, Italian seasoning and chilli flakes. Put a lid over the pan and allow to cook on a medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile chop the ends of the courgette and spiralize.
5. When the Bolognese is almost done, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a separate pan. Once hot throw in the courgette and gently fry for a few minutes until hot.
6. Divide the portions of spiralized courgette onto 4 plates and then serve the Bolognese on top, along with the chopped basil and sprinkling of salt and pepper.
Add our sophisticated and refreshing No1 Basil Water to complement the taste of this gluten-free recipe. Click here to buy.
Recipe by Registered Nutritionist & Naturopath Lauren Windas, Co-founder of Ardere